Caleigh and Tanya are professional actors. While they’ve established themselves in scripted work – film, TV, stage – it’s the improvisational nature of podcasts that prompted their work with “We’re Totally (Not) OK”, unveiling the intersection between mass media culture and mental health through interviews with other local professionals.
In their panel discussion, Tanya and Caleigh will speak about the importance of mental health awareness; how their psychological approach to their craft has shaped both their personal and professional lives; and how the business of media needs more radical empathy. They’ll also include a live improvisational performance to illustrate the importance of stepping outside your comfort zone, turning mistakes into opportunities, and the power of moving forward when you’re unsure of your next move.
Key Take Aways
- The importance of saying “yes and”;
- That mistakes should be turned into opportunities;
- How to step outside your comfort zone;
- The difference between hearing and listening;
- That empathy comes in moments and it's those moments that change lives.