Telling the institution/companies/ organization’s story is of the utmost importance – however, collecting and showcasing these stories in a compelling way can present some interesting challenges. At our on-campus launch of Impact: The Campaign for York University, York used a social media photo contest that allowed us to seamlessly create a bank of succinct, shareable stories by directly engaging with students (millennials and Gen Z), staff, faculty and alumni and inviting them to participate in the campaign conversation. The success of this initiative established a new, more effective strategy for telling York’s story of impact moving forward.
Key Take Aways
- Keys to a great photo contest idea
- Learn how to successfully engage your audience to share your message (or "the hustle").
- Software to use when curating and displaying content.
- Measuring the success of your photo contest.
- How to make your content last beyond the duration of the contest