During this workshop, Brian Cugelman, PhD of AlterSpark, will discuss the psychology and neuroscience of personality and emotion, then show participants how artificial intelligence algorithms can read users like a book, and play them like a fiddle.
Brian will start with an overview of personality and emotion neuroscience, then discuss the capacity of algorithms to predict users’ disposition and psychological states.
However, to keep it real, participants are invited to join a living laboratory, by completing psychometric personality surveys, evaluating content, and then joining an open discussion about their experience.
The content of this workshop draws on Dr. Cugelman’s scientific work in the field of digital psychology, and his career helping practitioners apply the science, plus his recent multi-year R&D project to develop emotionally intelligent algorithms. The content draws on psychology, evolutionary psychology, neuroscience, lexical psychology, emotion studies, data science plus lots of web, UX, social media and digital marketing practice.
Key Take Aways
- How to engineer empathy into your content, bots and AI
- The ways that users differ in their personality and emotional disposition
- How to match content, based on user's personality and emotional states
- The pros and cons of various personality systems and algorithms
- The science of why users relate to bots like other people