Tea. A few leaves, some boiling water, and over 100 podcasts. How is this even possible? That’s exactly what we’ll attempt to explain! Ditch the broad and zoom in on the narrow. There are millions of hobbies out there and it’s about time someone started talking about them. It could be you! Take our advice on the matter: people want to learn, so why not launch a podcast about it?
This session will be lead by Ken Cohen and TJ Williamson, hosts of Talking Tea and the World Tea Podcast. Learn all about developing a podcast on a specific industry, be it cake, coffee, BBQ, pens, dongles, or tea. Nothing is ever too specific. You’ll be amazed at what is under the surface once you start scratching.
Key Take Aways
- Whether a podcast topic has an audience and if you should pursue it
- Developing topics about your industry
- The balance between promoting an industry and independent journalism
- Where to get material and how to leave no stone unturned
- Reaching out to experts, professionals, and strangers