You have a website, don’t know what you should install to make people go to it and take in your cause (or whatever you are selling).
This is a workshop that requires you to have your own website already. Not a subdomain or a “freebie” website. You must have a full domain (www.whateveryourdomainis.com – or .ca , etc…).
We will talk about…
1) how to install WordPress
2) add a good theme (including a free themes vs. paid themes)
3) add plugins to make your site accessible (AODA)
4) add your social media accounts to the sidebar
Please bring a laptop that can connect to the wifi. I have a Windows 10 laptop and use Firefox.
You can bring a mac but I don’t know too much about using them.
Key Take Aways
- How and why you should install WordPress
- Free themes/plugins vs. Paid themes/plugins
- How to make your website accessible (AODA)
- How to make your crappy website to an awesome website.
- How to get technical and geeky