Research tells us that structured data (aka schema markup and microformats) can deliver a 30% increase in your site’s click-through-rate. Structured data markup makes your pages stand out in search results by telling the search engines about your content. In return, you’ll see an enhanced listing that will attract a lot more clicks. This easy to understand and implement technique is becoming more and more important for search engine optimization especially if you sell products, write reviews or promote events. Learn how you can implement structured data markup in your WordPress site and see your competition weep.
Key Take Aways
- What are the kinds of content that can be promoted with structured data?
- Which of the several formats does Google prefer?
- Which is the best WordPress plugin for someone just starting to use SEO?
- Which free tools and services are recommended?
- How can I use this in social media to increase shares?